Re: Discussion on using a MG Z series as a daily driver

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Discussion on using a MG Z series as a daily driver
From: "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@core.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:19:48 -0400
Look, this is obviously a case of "Different situations / different
strokes", so I'm not going to let this "discuaaion" become an
argument.  I know you can put a V-8 into a Magnette (and can point you
to folks who can walk you through the process).  I just happen to think
it's overkill.  If I lived in your environment, I might feel
differently.

Never having worked on a Twincam, I can't make a valid comparison, I
just know I absolutely >>hated<< every moment working on an XJ6.
Nothing was accessible, everything took forever to do, and parts were
outrageous.

Chris K.

> For discussion:
>
> <<<snip>>>
> Engine upgrade, maybe, but no V8 needed.  (Talk to Barney
> Gaylord to
> see what can be done with the venerable 1500 B-block, or
> drop in a 3-
> or 5-main 1800 from an MGB.)
> <<<Snip>>>
>
> While a upgraded 1500, 1600, or 1800 might be quite good for
> a two seater, I think the absolute minimum for a Z series
> would have to be a very strong 1800.
<snip>