RE: VIN numbers

To: "'Larry Hoy'" <list@marketvalue.net>, "'MG list'"
Subject: RE: VIN numbers
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:04:48 -0700
Larry:

It was pretty normal to use the engine number for the title back in the 50s.
This poses problems later if the engine is replaced.

My 58 ZB was also titled with the engine number.

California has a change of title form that allows you to retitle the car
with the correct chassis vin number for just this type of instance.  When I
did the change of ownership, I filled in the vin number change form and
voila, a nice new title with the correct Vin number.

Kelvin.