Re: VIN numbers

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: VIN numbers
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:54:02 -0500
Tab,

Well, they probably made them, but I wonder if they went to a special
provider to have the lights and siren added? The "police spec" I cited was
just for the gearbox and was part of the engine number.

Several years ago, as a volunteer firefighter, I had a flashing blue light
and siren on my MGB-GT. The light stuck to the top by magnets, so I stowed
it in the back when not on a run. Our fire department had a perfect record:
we never lost a life, and we never saved a structure that was on fire. We
did manage to stomp out a few pesky brushfires though. We live in an
extremely rural area not serviced by a real fire district and it would
usually take a long time to reach a fire even with MGB power.

David