Re: Early OD internal problems

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Early OD internal problems
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:31:00 -0700
Um, why are you engaging OD at 40 mph? In 4th gear that would drop your RPM
down to what, 1500? No wonder it bucks. I don't engage OD until I am going
over 60 mph. Remember, in OD the engine has very little "mechanical
advantage" -- it's not going to accelerate well from low RPM.

What happens if you refrain from switching into OD until 60mph -- any
problems then?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149