Re: Car is acting up

To: "Zach Dorsch" <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car is acting up
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:49:28 +0100
What are the serial numbers of the two distributors?  If they are different
the curve on the new one could be causing your problems.  If only the body
is bad you could remove *all* the guts of the old distributor - cam plate,
weights, springs and vacuum capsule - and put them in the newer body.  But
you really need a timing light, preferably an adjustable one, to set up the
timing properly ands confirm that the centrifugal and vacuum profiles are
correct.

But shaking can be caused by only firing on two or three cylinders, do you
have the plug lead order correct (1342 anti-clockwise)?