Re: brake lines

To: schultejim@prodigy.net|JAMES, schultejim@prodigy.net (SCHULTE),
Subject: Re: brake lines
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:38:14 -0400
I'm probably late responding, but I spent lots of the Labor Day weekend
replacing my brakes lines, and am I glad that crap's done with!  I just used
the old gravity  drain method,  starting with the rear since I had to rebuild
those wheel cylinders as  well, which is actually a good idea, 'cause if you've
got to bleed the brake system when you get the lines installed you might as
well take care of a  job that is relatively minor with all the other stuff off.
For bleeding I used a mity vac and a wife, where some friction ensued when she
thought that since the front of the master reservoir was full it didn't matter
what has going on in the rear.  That eventually did most of the bleeding.  It
was still a bit soft when I test drive it, but I left it overnight and then did
the "pump up and hold" method one more time around and that pretty much did the
trick.

Jay Donoghue
72MGB-GT
66 Mustang