Re: brake lines

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake lines
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:41:30 -0700
Word on the street is Dodd, Kelvin said:
> Fluid leaking from the brake pressure differential switch indicates an
> internal leak in the internal shuttle piston.

I have an early single line system, this is the brake light switch at
the 4-way junction, I don't have a pressure differential switch.

> Hydraulics are sealed either at the cone of the flare, or  with a copper
> washer.  Neither of which is going to be improved by using sealant on the
> threads.

Well, I beg to differ, because it did fix the very slow leak around the
switch.  Perhaps it didn't come with a washer that it should have. The
previous switch (which lasted only a few months, can you say POS?) did
not leak.  Maybe the threads got damaged.

Anyway, if someone can tell me definatively that the tape reacts badly
with brake fluid, then I won't use it.  Otherwise, my paint job takes
priority in "emergency" situations.

Skye
66 B