Re: brake lines

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake lines
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:15:06 -0700
>       The term you used "leaky brake pressure switch" threw me.   I'm used
> to folks calling it a brake light switch, but your term is technically
> correct.  So again apologies.

No problem, I should have been clearer; eg "pressure-operated brake
light switch".  I think it was one of the few times I forgot to include
my "signature" at the bottom of the message, which specifies that I have
a 66 B and would have helped!  I was trying to differentiate between the
pressure and mechanical brake light switches and ended up confusing them
anyway, ironic...

> early single line pressure operated brake light switch is one of the few
> instances of npt threads on the B..  In other words it does seal on the
> threads, not with a washer, and teflon sealant would be very suitable.  I've
> not run into any problems with teflon and brake fluid, so I'm under the same
> impression you are.

OK, thanks for the advice!!  I'll file away the information on the
pressure differential switch in my brain as well :)

And I'll leave the rest of the brake line fittings alone.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)