Re: Am I crazy or what?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Am I crazy or what?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:11:01 -0700
That's pretty darn paranoid, I would say. Where do you live that you think
that someone armed with a 2-pound hammer and a malevolent attitude is likely
to wander by, and moreover, is likely to go unnoticed and undisturbed while
spending 10-15 minutes assaulting your knockoffs accompanied by loud
whacking noises?

It would be a lot more likely, IMO, that that "mean SOB" would be armed with
a common lug wrench/tire iron, and take out his frustrations on regular
bolt-on-wheeled vehicles by silently loosening the lugs (if not by breaking
the window and stealing the stereo).

Admittedly it is unlikely that he/she would have an octagonal knock-off
wrench handy, in any case. At which point the SOB might just as well let the
air out of your tires.

Frankly, I would say sabotage is a non-issue, and go with what is original
to your year (if a purist type), or what you like the look of. In my case
the two coincide.

Max
66 B
Have knock-off hammer, will travel