MGB wire wheel conversion kit question

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: MGB wire wheel conversion kit question
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 01:10:08 -0600
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:01:04 -0700, Dodd, Kelvin wrote:

>Alternatively there are 68-80 steel wheel to wire wheel rear conversion hubs
>available.  They are usually packaged as part of the wire wheel conversion
>kit.  You will need the two hubs and the special mounting bolts.  This
>allows you to use the original steel wheel axle assembly, with the correct
>wire wheel offset.

I am blasting the list tonight aren't I!

I read Paul Hunts various warnings on these kits.  How far in do these
conversion kits pull the offset?

The two axles are 1.50" different.  If they do not pull the full .75"
off of each side, how far do they go?

My wheels isn't rubbing on the left side all with .5" more clearance...

>From what I have been able to gather they are shortened hubs as well as
special bolts.

Do they require any of the disc hub parts?  (I don't have those as my
DPO did this job for me...)

Thanks!

--
Andrew Lundgren