Re: Upcoming fun in Felton CA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upcoming fun in Felton CA
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:14:45 -0500
On Monday, September 16, 2002, at 08:52 PM, Bullwinkle wrote:

> State Dept transportation scales will quite often let you run over
> their scales to get a weight.

Most, if not all truck stops have certified scales available.  We weighed
a loaded U-Haul once for a military move and I think is was like eight
bucks or so around here.  If your live in rural America, the local Farmers
CO-OP that sells feed/seed in bulk will have scales as well.  Or drive to
your local landfill; they usually have scales too.  The reason I mention it
is that there's nothing like asking the DOT guys for a weight and cluing in
the State Trooper hanging around at the Weigh Station that you are about to
do some high speed time trials on an empty back road. :)

Kevin