blinkers

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: blinkers
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:27:51 -0500
The blinkers on our 79B have never worked very well-very slow even after
cleaning all wiring junctions and grounds that I could find. I was going to
put in an electronic flasher so I got under the dash and disconnected the
wires to the blinker to see if it was a double or triple terminal and also to
plug it in and out several times to clean the terminals. The first time I got
the emergency flashers unplugged, which is right next to the direction flasher
unit. I evidently got some wires turned around because my blinkers work VERY
WELL now, but to turn on the emergency flashers you must also have the blinker
switch on. This is OK by me, since I very seldom ever use the emergency
flashers anymore (thank God).
So, will this DPO (dumb Present owner) wiring switch hurt anything? If not,
I'm going to leave it the way it is.

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG