RE: 94hp, 1800cc vs 1622cc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 94hp, 1800cc vs 1622cc
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:57:27 GMT
I don't know about tunability, but I noticed no difference in hp between the
1622 and the 1967 5 main 1800 in my MGA Mk2.  That's with all the same
auxilliaries that were on the 1622; carbs, intake manifold, exhaust manifold,
etc.  Everything outside of the block and head are still MGA.  Of course,
that's just a seat of the pants evaluation, I didn't do any dyno work.  I've
got a MGA performance header sitting around waiting to go on it, conventional
wisdom being that the 1800 really needs the better breathing...

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer