Re: Streetable and SOLO 2 performance tires... and rear ride

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>,
Subject: Re: Streetable and SOLO 2 performance tires... and rear ride
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 00:19:45 -0400
On 9/30/02 11:29 PM, Andrew B. Lundgren  <lundgren@byu.net> wrote:

>So here are my questions:
>
>If you have the alloy spline drive minilite style wheels (14x5.5") what
>tires are you running?

Not specifically an answer to your question, but a lot of the autocross
crowd are recommending the terrific deal Tire Rack has on the Yokohama
AVS+ Intermediates

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+Int
ermediate

Even if the tire wear is a little high, at $42 for a high performance
tire, you can't go too wrong.  The 185/60/14 would fit your wheel. I
don't know about your wheel well though. I'm thinking about getting some
225/50/16 for my WRX for autocross.

HTH,
Steve

BTW, how do you like the splined minilites? Are they pretty heavy?
Tighten up OK? What is the center piece made of? Can't be aluminum, so it
must be chromed steel. The knock-offs must peel the chrome off?

Just getting some ideas for when the wire wheels are due for replacement
on the A.

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black
NAMGAR #5987     BuckAyes Ohio Chapter