Re: Streetable and SOLO 2 performance tires... and rear ride

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Streetable and SOLO 2 performance tires... and rear ride
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:43:12 -0600
On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 00:19:45 -0400, Steve Morris wrote:

>BTW, how do you like the splined minilites? Are they pretty heavy?
>Tighten up OK? What is the center piece made of? Can't be aluminum, so it
>must be chromed steel. The knock-offs must peel the chrome off?

I assume they are steel as well, as they are the drive point for the
wheel, though I am not positive, I don't think they could be anything
else.

The chrome under the knock off does rub off a bit.  They tightened up
great.  I really like the performance change, though my wires were worn
out, so it isn't really a fair comparison.

Thanks for the tip on those tires.  They are in close out, even if the
60s don't fit the B, they do the Miata....

MMMMM,.....

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net