Re: Sill replacement

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sill replacement
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:06:10 +0100
What you describe as the 'middle' piece is what many refer to as the
'inner'.  I've not done it but if I were removing all three and the
castle-rail then I would be planning on supporting the length of the floor
that side, the engine and transmission cannot be relied on as they have
rubber mounts, of course.  The finished structure is incredibly strong and I
would expect negligible sag when down on its wheels if welded properly.  I
presume you are replacing because of corrosion.  Unless it is so bad that
the doors currently drag on the sill tops as they open and close that should
be an indication of how strong good sills are.