extra brake light

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: extra brake light
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:59:41 -0400
I've had a HM Brake light on my B hard top for years.  I use an LED unit
from JC Whitney.  It is mounted to the rear glass of the h.t.  And, I have
often thought of switching it to the roll bar - especially for rainy nights
like this one.  I think I'll check it more after finishing the Turner engine
re-install.

As for the wiring, I simply attached one lead to ground, and spliced the
other into one of the brake light circuits.  I then ran the wires from the
trunk through that open space at the corner of the rear compartment.  (Small
wonder I used to smell gas  in a closed car.)  Those spaces are big enough
to snake a hose through.  And, I don't use a fuse or relay.

BTW, I sought out an LED unit because of the faster light-up time.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB