Re: extra brake light

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: extra brake light
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:37:22 +0100
Just take the wiring to the LH rear light cluster where by swapping a couple
of single bullet connectors for doubles you can just plug into the existing
wiring (green/purple).  An in-line fuse just before connecting to the
original harness would do no harm, but the circuit is fused anyway.  I have
no idea what a 2057 bulb but if it consumes as much current as a standard
brake light bulb, i.e. 21W, or more then you may well find it causes
premature failure of your brake light switch.  There is a purple (fused,
always hot) supply in the boot/trunk to feed the courtesy light, you can run
that to the additional lamp via the relay contact and use the green/purple
and a ground to operate the relay.