Toys for for the financially imbalanced

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Toys for for the financially imbalanced
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:41:44 -0500
Some months ago I stopped in at Harbor Freight and noticed a 'Manual Tire
Changer' for sale at $35. I figured what the hell and bought one.

I finally got the time and inclination to mount it to the garage floor
(damn that concrete's hard) and got to it today. The thing works. Finest
quality Chinese manufacturing and finish. I had to remove the little pin
that's SUPPOSED to go through the lug hole so I could mount my wires on it,
and I had to crank down a litle on the hold-down device, but it works and
it's relatively easy. Relative to tire irons, at least. Breaks the bead and
all. As long as I used a little lubrication.

Spent $35 and it payed for itself in one tire change. Makes changing tubes
at home a snap for those times when the air drops out of your 'I can't buy
Michelin anymore' tubes.

I do not represent the Chinese, nor do I own stock in China. I do want to
know what embassy to call when the thing finally breaks.

Glenn

Glenn Schnittke
Vice-President
Tennessee Spokes Sports Car Club