Re: MG XPower SV

To: mgs@autox.team.net, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG XPower SV
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hans Duinhoven SEZ -
> Wow,
>
> This is a beast!
> Compared with the 30's K3 models it is very special, but does it fit into
> the sprit of what most people see as MG an affordable true sportscar?

Well, since it has a hard top, it certainly isn't a "true"
sportscar, but I think MG frequently had a "two-prong" product
line.  Expensive, sometimes custom-bodied coupes and saloons
for the gentry, and inexpensive sportscars for the enthusiast
or "boy racer".  After WWII, they seemed to concentrate more
and more on the bottom end of the market.  It's pretty hard
for a small company to do that today.  These high-end cars
are very profitable and raise the prestige of the brand as a
whole (especially in the eyes of those who are not ardent fans
of the marque like we are), so if producing such cars helps MG
survive and (hopefully) prosper, go for it!

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were