Tachometer

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tachometer
From: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:37:03 -0500
Hey all... I need tachometer help. Car is a 70 GT.
All guages are working except tach and speedo. Speedo appears to be a
shot drive cable.
The tach/coil circuit appears to be intact, and if I pull a white wire
from the tach with the engine running, the car dies. Consulting the
schematic (#9 or 10 in Bentley, haven't quite sorted that out yet,
since I appear to be on the cusp)
it appears all wiring to the tach is in place and good. Two white
wires, one with a female and one with a male end. Two green wires
going into a common female end. Ground wires are on securely (don't
know where they are on the other end.)
When I got the car, the tach was hooked up backwards, I believe, which
is why it wouldn't run. Could that have fried the tach?
I'm also pondering the voltage stabilizer dealey, but I think it would
probably affect other instruments, too.
SO whaddaya think? Any way to test a tach? What should I look at next.

On a side note, anyone know offhand what belongs to the second fuse
from the top on a 70?
Apparently I have NOTHING hooked to that fuse. DPOs.