Re: Tachometer

To: "Tim Baxter" <baxter@gretschpages.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tachometer
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:48:15 +0100
If the power supply to the tach electronics (green and black) that could
well have damaged the transistors, there is a schematic at
http://www.classictiger.com/techtips/motach.html but check you do have 12v
at the green and black first.

The voltage stabiliser is nothing to do with the tach (except that they
share a common 12v supply from the green), the stabiliser only feeds the
fuel gauge, electric temp gauge, and electric oil gauge on some years.

On a four-fuse fusebox the two top fuses feed the parking lights (and
side-marker lights 72-on), one fuse per side.  The two terminals on the
front are connected internally, so there should only be a single red/green
on *one* of them, which one doesn't matter.  There should be two reds on
each of the two terminals on the back of the fusebox.  Not DPO, factory.