Re: Heater cables, shipfitters disease

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, "mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater cables, shipfitters disease
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:24:45 +0200
Avoid cheap cables which have little steel in the outer cable.
I got this type from my regular MG parts store after the original was
damaged
acting as a short circuit.

The new one is too flexible in length, so the though moving valve
(especially around the "closed"position) is giving this cable a bad time.
So during summer time I hit the valve shut with a slam of the screw driver
as  the cable moved by the knob is not able to pass the hardest part in
closing the valve fully.

In wintertime Ieave the valve so that it is not fully closed... By this the
heat can be regulated normally.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans