Re: Fuel Tank Question

To: "F. J. MacFarlane" <n5bgy@flash.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Question
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:14:02 -0000
Changed mine on the roadster about 10 years ago, although that is mostly a
summer car.  The V8 came with what looked like a fairly new tank 9 years and
65k of all-weather (daily driver) miles.  If the outside of the tank was
painted properly before installation (I used two coast of Hammerite gloss
plus lashings of Waxoyl on top), not just relying the on the black it came
with, then you shouldn't have a problem.  A battery would have worked
equally well as a 'smoother'.  A battery charger puts out rectified AC so
while the solenoid was still thinking about pulling itself together the
current would have vanished.