Re: Overdrive Transmission

To: rwygonik@iup.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Transmission
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:24:09 EST
Others probably (likely, actually) know much more than I, but it is my
understanding that the drive shafts for 4-synch trannies are the same, OD or
not.
If the drive train is out of the car, do yourself a big favor and change the
clutch, release bearing, etc at that time.  In the end, not much extra money
for the peace of mind you get (What was THAT? Is it slipping!?!!)

Some people have an interesting way to check a drive shaft for proper
functioning using a drill to power the input shaft.  That sounds like a good
idea, but I don't know exactly how it's done.

Good luck.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT w/OD
66 Mustang (badly wanting a 5th gear)