Re: My GT is gassing me

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My GT is gassing me
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:52:38 -0500
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but.....

Check that the fresh air intake drain hose is not missing or that the
backflow prevention "bulb" is in good condition.  Often, we will be advised
to lop the bulb off to fix the problem of leaves and other debris clogging
the drain and therefore dumping cold nasty water onto our feet during wet
weather.  Problem is, that bulb is there to prevent gasses from under the
car and in the engine compartment from making it into the cabin.  New ones
are apparently not available from Moss, but a longer hose that is secured
with zip ties should help (if that is your problem in the first place).
Safety Gassed, Dean