Newbie: questions (LONG)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie: questions (LONG)
From: "Gavin Dennis" <gavin_dennis@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:02:49 -0500
I just found this list and it happended at a great time.  I have a '70 MGB
(split chrome bumber) that I have repaired since 15 years old (now 28).  I
wrecked the car in a parking lot after college and haven't been able to fix
it, until now.  It bent the front frame rail where the bumper brakets bolt
to it, causing the fender to hit the tire, yadda yadda.

My question is this:  what should my first step be in preparing the car for
auto-x.  I will have to drive it to the events because i can't trailer it
with my VW.  I don't want to restore the car because it is by no means
perfect but lots of fun.  I have been auto-xing for a while and think this
would be a fun car to race.  Is it competitive at FSP or should i try to
keep in in H-stock?

Thanks
Gavin