Re: Valve Cover Venting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Venting
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:20:18 -0700
Hmmm...  Wasn't clear enough.  A picture says...
<http://www.lundgren.us/camera/MG%20Pictures/P4010029.JPG>

The picture is a few years old, but close enough.  The valve cover is a
non-vented AL cover.  The chrome cap had a tiny little vent on the top
though which the mist coated the cap.

The venting goes from the front cover of the tappet chest up to the
bottom of the weber with no PVC.

If I understood what you wrote, there is a back pressure wave that is
can somehow be created (that I didn't follow) from the carb back to the
tappet chest creating the need for the PCV valve.