Re: MG Taxes in VA, MD, FL

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Taxes in VA, MD, FL
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:31:25 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2002 7:23:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mgs4dave@warwick.net writes:

<< Thinking of moving down to VA, MD or FL.
 Can someone there on this list let me know off list what the taxes you
 pay on "tangibles" would be on your MG? >>

In Maryland I started running my 66 Mustang on regular plates, around $75
every two years, plus an inspection for various things.  The inspection is
only at the initial registration, not the annual thing that Virginia does.
However, it is more extensive.
After a while, though, I decided that people were driving other old cars on a
semi-daily basis with "historic" tags, so I went that route with my Mustang
and both MGs, one now gone.  Historic tags are not supposed to be used for
daily driving, and I don't drive those cars "daily," but I do use them on a
regular basis, and no one seems to mind.  These tags cost $25, and no
inspection is required.  I would recommend that route.  There are no personal
property taxes in Maryland, so all you pay is $25 every two years.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang