welding question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: welding question
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:19:06 -0700
I recall in previous posts that the MIG welder was the welder of choice for
restoring the MGB  body (rockers, floor panels). I don't know much about
welding and have been meaning to learn. But I did the second best thing - I
have my son learning welding at his vocational high school. Or I should say
he was learning until the teachers went on strike about a week and a half
ago. To make matters worse, his 65B is at school, which is closed and
locked up, so we cannot get to it.

But I digress here. I was looking at a couple of MIG welders at Sears and
wondered what should one look for when buying a welder? Ideally, I'd like
to buy a welder for home use sometime in the near future. Then my son and I
could restore his 65B rust bucket for starters (maybe take on another
project after that).

Anyway, suggestions and tips would be welcome.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B