Re: Carbs vs. carbs

To: Michael Jose <mwjose@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Carbs vs. carbs
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:03:08 -0500 (EST)
Mike,
        I changed the ZS on my 76B 2 years ago replacing it with 2 SU
HIF's. This change required a few others, the exhaust header, the
downpipe, mounting a manual choke, a bit of figuring with the air
filters, but I have never regretted doing this
and would strongly recommend it. I even kept the same mufflers from the
ZS configuration. A friend described the change as going
from a car that operated like a put-put to one that felt like a sports
car (with 65 hp! :-))
        Anyway, if you go that way, I can share bits from a parts car I
just disassembled. Maybe you ought to figure out a budget, too.  I did
everything for about $300 and could have done better (as I later found
out).

Bill S.
'76B
NJ