Re: Murphy's Law

To: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: Murphy's Law
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:15:01 -0700
James,

I think its just a part of the settling with the insurance company. Two
years ago, when my son wrecked my 71BGT (other driver ran into him, her
fault), I had the car towed home so it never left my possession. Once the
insurance agent started assessing damages, he decided to total it once he
got up to $1400 in repairs (and not adding up all the parts involved).
I  insisted on  a settlement where I kept the car to repair it, using NADA
book values to bolster my argument that I needed compensation to cover
repairing the car. I got $2000 for the damage which was applied to my quest
to get a roadster. I stripped all the usable parts, most which are now in a
72B I am rebuilding.

At the time, I was wary about the insurance company giving me a fair
settlement but they were reasonable. Its fairly easy to establish the
actual (realistic) value of our MGs through NADA as well as through various
online markets like Ebay. So odds are good that you will be able to get a
reasonable settlement from the insurance company.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B