Re: Murphy's Law

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Murphy's Law
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:58:44 -0800
on 11/19/02 6:17 PM, Andrew B. Lundgren at lundgren@byu.net wrote:

> my guess is that they will total your B.  They did mine.  I bought it
> from them and repaired it.  They never got the car from me.

I think James is describing an accident involving his wife's Mercury. His B
is apparently already in the shop from a previous incident.

But your point is well taken. My wife's 95 Geo Metro was recently hit by an
unlicensed/uninsured driver. Since it was in great shape and she liked it,
and decent hatchbacks are scarce in the used car market, I begged and
wheedled the insurance adjuster to valuing it at high-end blue book. This
was good, because their estimator came up with a repair cost that was only
$150 below this figure. There was a small pre-existing problem with the door
which I wanted fixed while it was in the shop, and this would have overrun
the cost into the "totalled" range, so we accepted the insurance estimate,
took the check, and paid the shop ourselves. So that's one strategy...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149