Re: Alternator source request

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternator source request
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:44:10 -0600
  I've been using rebuilt units -- the lifetime warranty ones -- from
AutoZone for years.  Haven't had a premature failure yet.  The Lucas
5-wire unit in my B is over 2 1/2 years old, cost $65.99 exchange.  If
it fails they'll get me a new one in 2 days, no cost, for as long as I
own the car.  And I can get that service anywhere in the country that
there's an AZ store.

  Now, I just called Moss.  According to them, the new Lucas alternators
are warranteed for 1 year.  After that you're on your own.  So, you pay
more and get less.  For me, as long as some of the big chain parts
stores sell lifetime rebuilts, they have my business.  YMMV.

  Cheers,

   CR