FW: Potential Brake Failure Warning

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Potential Brake Failure Warning
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:07:22 -0800
Scott:

The picture on your web site is of an oil pressure switch, not a brake light
switch.

The switch pictured appears to be the three prong type normally used on
later TR6 and TR7 for control of the anti-run on valve.  GPS113

The correct brake light switch should have only two contacts.  So far as I'm
aware the brake light switches normally supplied by Intermotor, etc have
proved to be very dependable.  (thankfully)

I think this may explain your problem, as the hydraulic brake system creates
far higher pressure than the oil pressure switch would be designed to
handle.

regards

Kelvin Dodd