Re: Potential Brake Failure Warning - Woah! WRONG application!

To: "Scott H." <austrheamgafun@arczip.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Potential Brake Failure Warning - Woah! WRONG application!
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:12:45 -0500
Now that's really bizarre!  I've heard this failure mode before
on older Spridget brake systems using a pressure switch
to turn on the brake lights (rather than an electrical switch
on the peddle mount)  but never saw or knew what type of
pressure switch it was.  THAT switch you pictured,
is used as the oil pressure and anti run-on switch on nearly
every Jag and late model Triumph.

8 Triumph to date (I've owned) and I've never had one go
bad or leak or even fail electrically for that fact.
I've never seen one go bad. But then again, in an oil pressure
application, the switch never sees more than 90 psi.  I'd assume
in a brake system application it may see a whole lot more.

I truly don't think that switch was designed for that type of pressure
to begin with
Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com