RE: head porting

To: <Otis15@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: head porting
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:14:44 -0500
This is a special interest area of mine. Anything you can do for
(virtually) free that raises HP is an area of special interest to me
though!

Here's a link to a good general (not MG specific) free article on head
porting:

http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.htm

Here's a link to an e-book available for download for $39.00. Haven't
read it myself but from the preliminary intro and the testimonials, it
looks like it would be a god source of info.

http://acidporting.com/acid_porting.shtml

Here's an MG specific link to an article on "valve seat recession".
Important to understand and to deal with this too when trying to get
more HP and while working on you head.

http://www.mgcars.net/news/news386.html

Finally, from my own bit of wit and knowledge, don't forget the intake
manifold. Just as important to clean it up, open it, match it up and
polish it up.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Happy Turkey day!

Jerry Erbesfield