Re: Happy Thanksgiving

To: steve devine <stevedevine@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:09:58 -0500
Steve,

     The part that you see under the portico is just a small piece of the rock
stepped upon in the first landing.  The bulk of the rock has been covered over
by a number of waterfront development projects since 1720.  The piece that you
see was removed and used for ceremonial functions for a long time.  The mortared
crack is the result of its having fallen off of a cart during a political
rally.  They used to chip off pieces to give to visiting dignitaries.

Bud
(still stuffed)