Re: new key switch, now won't start

To: "William Killeffer" <wkilleffer@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new key switch, now won't start
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:00:14 -0000
If the ignition-powered things like warning light, gauges, turn signals etc.
work with the switch in the 'run' position then the switch is OK, check the
connection to the coil.  If not do the wire colours on the loom match those
on the switch?  I would expect them too.  The switch puts out 12v on the
white to power all the above and on the white/red to crank.  A 74 should
also have an 'accessories' position putting 12v out on the white/green for
things like heater fan, wipers and washers.