Re: RV8 to USA?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RV8 to USA?
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:24:11 -0500
Hi Listers,

       FYI, here's the latest from my UK-based friend with the RV8.:

the assignment to san francisco is for 24-36 months

i think i've found a way to import the car as a temporart visitor exemption

i can only have it for 12 months after which i have to export the car. it
will probably cost me $5k to ship it back to the UK next year to someone who
can sell it for me

i may be crazy to pay $5k to rent my own car which i'm still paying for, for
one year but.....i'm in-love!

And -- before the RV8 he'd never owned an MG before. (Jags, M-Bs, etc.)

Thanks for the hints that I forwarded on to him.  If you're nice, perhaps I can
arrange rides for you west-coasters when he gets it to San Francisco.

Bud Krueger
52TD