B brake calipers

To: Mowog1@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B brake calipers
From: Cyc10@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 01:00:39 EST
Thanks to everyone for your feed back on the frozen bleeder screws on my 70
B.  I ended up heating them up with an oxy act torch and this did the trick.
I purchased new bleeder screws and installed them in both of the calipers.

After bleeding the brakes I discovered one of the calipers has a very small
leak coming from the center of one of the bleeder screws. The other caliper
seems fine.  Anyone have any ideas about how to save the caliper or what I
should be looking for?  The threads on that side did feel a little "rough"
when I tightened the bleeder screw.

Cheers
Al
60 MGA Coupe;  62 MGA RD MKII; 70 MGB RD  with OD