Re: MGRV8 Stateside...and to St.Louis!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGRV8 Stateside...and to St.Louis!
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:26:59 EST
In a message dated 12/6/02 7:10:28 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:52:52 -0600
> From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
> Subject: RE: RV8 to USA?
>
> >Thanks for the hints that I forwarded on to him.  If you're
> >nice, perhaps I can
> >arrange rides for you west-coasters when he gets it to San Francisco.
>
> If he'll be here next summer, I think he needs to drive it to MG2003 in St.
> Louis.  He can charge everyone for rides and make some of his money back..
> :)

When NAMGBR held its third annual convention in Washington, D.C. in 1994,
Roche Bentley of the MGOC was invited ... he brought his wife and
daughter....and his (then new) MGRV8 (Registry number L12 MGR). It created
quite a lot of interest and conversations...if memory serves me correctly, a
raffle was held and the winner was treated to a ride in Roche's MG. If
Chuck's friend can get this car stateside, I agree that a trip to MG 2003 is
in order!

Cheers!

rick ingram
1978 MGB