Re: RV8

Subject: Re: RV8
From: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:25:40 -0500
I have to confess I really haven't been following this thread closely. But
Wouldn't it just be simpler to get in touch with an importer stateside and
find out what is necessary to bring the car into compliance. I have a friend
who has a gray-market Porsche. It was easily registered in NY state since
the prior owner supplied him with certificates issued by the DOT. (I guess
for things like safety glass, seat belts and bumpers.) It was a bit more
complicated for him to re-register the Porsche in California because of the
smog rules. But they eventually issued him a CA title. Since the RV8 is
built on an MGB body and uses many of the same components, it might be
easier than he thinks. That's my 2 cents,

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster