Re: Sprites & Midgets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprites & Midgets
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:04:11 EST
In a message dated 12/17/02 2:17:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
vping@optonline.net writes:

> Why is it that you hear people talk about MG Midgets and rarely hear them
> talk about AH Sprites.
> Are they harder to find or were there a lot less of them sold.
> I know that they are identical except for badges.
> You go to shows and rarely see Sprites but always see the Midgets.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Everyone knows it is because Midgets are better.  :-)

Actually, there were probably more Midgets made in total.  Sprites were built
first, starting with the Bugeye.  British Leyland, in it's infinite wisdon,
decided to kill off Austin Healey first, then MG, and kept Triumph a little
longer.  Since MG outlasted Austin, and the later years saw more production
than the early years, so more Midgets.

Just my WAG.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward