Re: rostyle wheel paint

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: rostyle wheel paint
From: "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:07:28 -0600
I just finished mine, and they turned out ok. When I replace the
tires in a year or so, I'm thinking I'm either going to get minilite
repos or have the wheels powder coated.

I used the Moss paint for silver and Krylon Flat Black. The spare tire
I used Rustoleum Satin Black, but it ran so easily, and someone on the
list several months ago, said that Krylon was better for this application
than Rustoleum.

I had bought one of those $15 paint masks, but it doesn't do much good.
Not a good fit. I ended up cutting the middle out and just using it to
mask the rim. Fro the rest, I got the 3M blue masking tape (3M is the
only tape to use for any application, and I'm not saying that just
because I live 2 miles from their campus and am a former employee :-)
and a utility knife.

My painting skills aren't really up to snuff, but they are going to
easily pass the 5 foot test. So much better than the hideous baby
blue the DPO left me with.

You might also go onto the University Motors web site. They have
a good description, I think in the FAQs.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root            - CCSA, CCSE, CCNA
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155