Re: Old Tire Q

To: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Old Tire Q
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:31:52 -0500
Bert,

 My 52TD had a beautiful, like new, set of Semperit radials on it when I bought
it.  However, they were about 10 years old at the time.  By the time I got the
car on the road they were 15 years old, but still looked great.  One day as I
was
cruising up the highway at about 60 mph I suddenly had a whole bunch of wheel
shaking.  Pulled over and looked for a problem, but found none.  Nursed the car
home very gently and decided that the driveshaft had somehow come unbalanced.
While under the car to remove the driveshaft I happened to glance at the left
rear wheel.  Here's what I found:
http://home.earthlink.net/~budkrueger/LostTread.html

That week Lazarus was treated to a new set of Dunlop SP-20's.

Bud Krueger
52TD