dash removal

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: dash removal
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:57:05 -0600
After a 17 day Christmas vacation, it's back to teaching tomorrow (I'm ready;
get the winter OVER and get ON with driving weather!).

In a few weeks, I'll be taking the 79B to the paint shop. I've already removed
the bumpers, all the rear lights, luggage rack, and emblem. Today, I'm going
to remove the dash to check out all the wiring back there and facilitate
easier windshield removal (by consensus of the list).
I've checked all three of my manuals, as well as the Moss catalog, and none
show where the mounting bolts are located. Also can you remove the dash bolts,
pull it up and outwards and then remove the switch wiring, or do you have to
remove the wiring and gauges before you pull the dash?
Thanks,
Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG