Convertable Weather in Kansas City - Where were the MGs??

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertable Weather in Kansas City - Where were the MGs??
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:52:00 -0600
Today in the Kansas City area we had lots of sunshine, temperatures in
the 70s (F not C) and light winds - great for January 6th!   I drove the
46 miles home from work this afternoon with the top down, the side
windows down, the heater off and wearing a short sleeve shirt with my
gloves and coat laying on the passenger seat and I was plenty warm, even
at 75 mph.  Then I came home and worked up a sweat playing basketball
with my girls - hard to beat this weather for here (I realize that it
may not be a big deal to some of those of you in other parts of the
country/world, but it is unusual for here).  But where were the MGs (and
other LBCs for that matter)?  I didn't see any on the 46 mile trip home.
 I only saw 4 convertibles, two with their tops down (a Mustang and a
Sunfire) and two with their tops up (a Toyota MR2 Spider and a
Mercedes).  I also saw two Corvettes with their targa roofs on and
several Camaros and Firebirds with their T-tops on.  I could not believe
it that their were not more MGs and other convertibles out enjoying the
weather, it was an absolutely ideal time to enjoy top down motoring.
 Its days like this that really make owning a convertible worthwhile.
 Oh well, if you didn't do it today you missed out - cloudy, windy and
43 tomorrow.

Now I do have a confession to make, I don't really have a roadworthy MG
right at the moment (the closest is the '54 but the brake lights aren't
working, plus it isn't all the great for 70 mph interstate driving) so I
was driving my Corvette - but at least I was out there top down and
running through the gears!  Happy motoring.

Kevin Brown  '54 MGTF 1500 RHD, 71 MGB, '78 MGB V8, '70 Corvette
Stingray convertible, '74 TR6
Odessa, MO