MG's and Babies

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG's and Babies
From: "Lee Collins" <leecollins0@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:04:35 +0000
Kevin
  One peice of advice on restoring MG's and having a baby.  Don't have your
wife drive herself to the hospital in labor while you drop your MG off to be
painted!  A month later they will realize what you pulled and hold it
against you for the rest of your days!
  Long part:  I had worked out a "schedule" to finish the Midget restoration
before the baby came.  Two weeks before the due date I scheduled the car to
be painted, leaving myself "plenty of time".  The day the car was to be
painted, I was in the driveway pushing the Midget on to the trailer to go to
the paint shop.  My wife comes out of the house, "I think my water is
leaking."  In a moment now frozen in time, I heard myself say, "Call the Doc
and see what she says, I'll just meet you there after I drop the car off."
In moment she claims as pregant woman crazziness she said ok.
  Within two hours, the car was being painted, wife was in labor, and
mother-in-law was inbound.  24 hours latter, wife, kid, mother-inlaw, dad,
are all good.  1 week later, newly painted car back being putback togther.
  1 month latter my wife looked at me one day and said in a sudden moment of
realizion, "I drove myself to the hospital in labor while you got the MG
painted?!"  Her friends hated me for a month.
  But all is well now.  She is pregnant again, and I have just got a 1980
MGB to go with the Midget.  I promised not to get it painted when she goes
in labor.  The engine does need a rebuild though.

Lee
77 Midget
80 B