Re: Replacing rear springs on a Midget

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing rear springs on a Midget
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:49:43 -0800
Well, like I said, I couldn't follow what you were proposing to do, exactly.
I am sure you have the idea that the car needs to be securely supported off
the ground, independent of the springs, and with the rear wheels removed.

My next step would be to undo the axle u-bolts, then jack or lift the axle
so its weight is off the springs, and support it there with jackstands,
also.

Now you can try removing the spring hanger bolts.

Your step #3 would seem to be unnecessary (if I understood it correctly).

Hope that helps.

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Mountain View, CA,